Android Application Developer
Over-C, Cork, Ireland
We are looking for an exceptional senior Android engineer to join our expanding team in Cork, Ireland to design and integrate software with new technologies.
This position requires a self-driven engineer with great initiative. Come and help us build our new smartphone and tablet applications in Cork city. If you’re interested in being a part of great team developing a commercial grade mobile application using Java and Kotlin and utlising NFC, iBeacon, Eddystone, GPS, Mapping and pushing the limits of performance with a large application, this could be a project for you.
- 4-5 years of experience in enterprise applications development and architecture
- Android Mobile Development with Android Studio
- Track record of debugging and optimising code for size and performance
- Understanding of RESTful web services and IoT communication protocols such as ZeroMQ
- Experience with sensors (NFC, Bluetooth, Beacons, GPS)
- Familiarity with the basics of RxJava, comfortable with Java 8 Lambdas and Streams
- Experience with offline-first application development and using SQLite
- Ability to write clean, well factored UI code
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with tight deadlines
- Drive to take initiative and own issues
- Passion for quality and attention to detail of pixel perfect screens
Android mobile development on smartphones and tablets. Very strong technical skills and demonstrated experience in Android is a must. Triage production issues when they occur with production teams.
Bachelors Degree, or equivalent work experience.
Over-C is a digital innovation and transformation company, disrupting the way companies manage operations, customers and employees in real-times, from offices in London, Amsterdam and Cork. We utilise cool technologies such as GPS, NFC, Bluetooth beacons to collect data on mobile devices and use machine learning and analytics to interpret the value and outcomes.
Over-C is a dynamic and happy workplace and the team has huge energy and passion for our products and our customers. We have a truly international workforce – including some of the very best talent in mobile development. But, we also have some big, audacious goals and we require more talented people to join the team. Together, we are committed to building something amazing.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with your experience HOWEVER we are looking for the very best so with Over-C you can earn what you’re worth. We will provide you with both autonomy and the opportunity to have a great work-life balance. You will have total freedom in how you do your job and the very best equipment to work with.
IOS Application Developer
Over-C, Cork, Ireland
- Proven skills in designing, building and maintaining native apps in the App Store.
- Swift (knowledge of Objective-C and Java is a plus)
- Track record of debugging and optimising code for size and performance using Instruments.
- Experience of consuming RESTful APIs in iOS (we use Alamofire), data persistence (we use Realm) with a particular emphasis on performance and dealing with intermittent client network connectivity.
- An enthusiasm for data structures and architecture (we develop separate internal data and UI frameworks used by the iOS team, distributed through Cocoapods)
- Understanding of advanced network techniques (we use ZeroMQ for live data updates)
- Knowledge of testing and CI techniques a plus (we use XCTest and Xcode Server)
- Ability to write clean, well documented code with a focus on clarity and maintainability (we use SwiftLint to enforce style rules and Jazzy for internal API documentation)
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with tight deadlines.